Saturday, 26 November 2011

Overview of Lenses

So for this last blog I just wanted to discuss what I have taken away from this class that has had the greatest effect upon me. The main thing I have taken away from this class is the ideas of using all these different lenses in your classroom to try and help the students see the material from a variety of perspectives. I think this will be an incredible tool in my repertoire as an English teacher to be able to approach texts from many angles and it will help me challenge my students to think differently and view the texts in different ways. This is extremely important in helping the students shape their world views and become more aware of themselves and their community which is two of the curriculum goals in English. These lenses will help me personally connect with my students through the literature and if I am able to use them correctly will be a huge asset to my teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment